Proteus has established itself by successfully delivering cutting edge mapping products, geospatial services and consultancy. They are now embarking on an exciting new project, funded via the European Space Agency, which requires expansion of the current team located at Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire.
They are looking for an enthusiastic geospatial Marine Data Analyst to join their experienced and motivated team. This role is critical to ensuring delivery of data to very high quality standards. The successful candidate will be a meticulous, organised, ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative.
The geospatial Marine Data Analyst ensures that data production outputs are of sufficient quality for delivery to customers. As a geospatial Marine Data Analyst you will support the Project Manager in ensuring Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures are strictly managed and adhered to at all times.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven eye for detail and the necessary technical skills and experience to fulfil an integral team role.
The ideal candidate will have
• A minimum of two years working with geospatial marine data;
• Good verbal, written and technical communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail;
• Ability to work within high pressure situations and to tight delivery deadlines;
• Ability to work independently, proactively and be flexible in responding to change
• Proficiency in Microsoft office programs;
• Understanding and experience of quality control of geospatial marine data;
• Experience in a hydrographic software package (with a specific focus on Fledermaus software being favourable);
• Degree in Hydrography, Oceanography, Marine Engineering or similar.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for performing marine geospatial data quality control;
• Supporting the Project Manager in instigating Quality Control and Quality Assurance data work flows;
• Supporting the Project Coordinator in providing feedback to production teams and sub-contractors.
Salary: Competitive, and dependent on experience
How to apply: Please submit your CV and cover letter complete with current salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 12th of August 2016