TCarta Marine has established itself by successfully delivering cutting edge marine mapping products, geospatial services and consultancy. As a result of several recent project awards, they are expanding the current team located at Harwell Campus, Oxfordshire.
They are looking for an additional geospatial Marine Data Analyst to join their experienced and motivated team. This role is critical to ensuring delivery of data to very high quality standards. The successful candidate will be a meticulous, organised, ambitious team player, with the ability to work under their own initiative. The geospatial Marine Data Analyst ensures that data production outputs are of sufficient quality for delivery to customers.
As a geospatial Marine Data Analyst you will support the Project Manager in ensuring Quality Control and Quality Assurance procedures are strictly managed and adhered to at all times. We are looking for a candidate with a proven eye for detail and the necessary technical skills and experience to fulfil an integral team role.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Hydrography, Oceanography, Marine Engineering or similar;
- A minimum of two years working with bathymetry, hydrography and marine charting data sets. Direct experience in production of Electronic Navigation Charts (ENCs) is advantageous;
- Understanding and experience of quality control of geospatial marine data, with specific focus on marine charts being advantageous;
- Experience in a hydrographic processing software package, as well as a GIS software package (with knowledge of ESRI software being advantageous);
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, with software coding an advantage;
- Good verbal, written and technical communication skills with a meticulous attention to detail;
- Ability to work within high pressure situations and to tight delivery deadlines;
- Ability to work independently, proactively and be flexible in responding to change.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating ENCs from point cloud bathymetric data;
- Responsible for performing marine geospatial data quality control with a specific focus on ENCs;
- Supporting the Project Manager in instigating Quality Control and Quality Assurance data work flows;
- Supporting the Project Coordinator in providing feedback to production teams and sub-contractors.
Salary: Competitive, and dependent on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and cover letter complete with current salary expectation to Kim Wall firstname.lastname@example.org by the 12th April.